We are pleased to announce that Journée Phare will be returning to the Cheribourg Hotel (Orford, QC) on December 5th and 6th 2019 for its 11th edition.
The Journée Phare organizing committee is hard at work to bring you an instructive, dynamic program featuring internationally renowned guest speakers, which will hopefully help enrich the scientific discussions between students, researchers, clinicians and industry professionals. This year’s program includes:
Thursday, November 5th:
- Bioethics Workshop 101: Issues and Perspectives in the 21st Century:
- Pr Yann Joly
- M. Michel Cameron
- M. Benoît Leblanc
- Dr Annabelle Cumyn
- A conference dinner: Marc-André D’aoûst
- A festive evening
Friday, November 6th:
- Plenary sessions featuring:
- Pr Philippe Gros
- Pr John Bell
- Student oral presentations and poster sessions
- A networking cocktail
Ever since its first edition in 2009, Journée Phare has endeavoured to put on a conference that is entirely free. Therefore, registration and abstract submissions are at no cost, as well as all the activities taking place on Friday, December 6th. However, the conference dinner on December 5th, as well as any room bookings at the hotel, will be at your expense.
The submission of abstracts for an oral or poster presentation is done via our online registration form.
If you are submitting an abstract for an oral presentation, you will be informed of the status of your submission by the end of october at the latest. Because we have a very limited number of spots available, our committee must make a final selection. If your abstract is not accepted, you will be invited to give a poster presentation.
If you are submitting an abstract for a poster presentation, know that we aim to accept all submitted abstracts.
Presentation guidelines and instructions can be found on our website, under the rolling “Registration” menu.
Conference dinner meal options (coming soon)
Choice of entry:
- Duo of rillettes (rabbit and duck) apple saucce and candied onions.
- Tomato tartare, boccocini and arugula.
- Fazzoletti with ricotta, cream of spinach, sage, tomatoes confit and padano (vegetarian).
- Shrimp from Argentina, chorizo cream.
- Braised beef, gravy with strong cheddar cheese.
- Shocking emotion (brownies, chocolate mousse and icing).
4 course meal including starter, soup, main course and dessert.
Cost: 48.92$ CAD tax and service fees included
Room bookings at the Cheribourg Hotel
If you are planning to book one or more rooms at the Cheribourg Hotel for Thursday, December 5th, we invite you to do so via our online registration form, at the following rates:
- Single occupancy room = 153.40$
- Double occupancy room (1 bed) = 153.40$
- Double occupancy room (2 beds) = 171.10$
- Triple occupancy room (2 beds) = 194.70$
- Quadruple occupancy room (2 beds) = 218.30$
Continental breakfast : 17.94$
Complete breakfast: 24.30$
Tax and service fees included.